Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Exploring the Mossy Forest


Exploring the Mossy Forest
Brinchang, Cameron Highlands, Pahang, Malaysia

Today I want to take you to Malaysia's own Lord of the Rings forest. Located in the upper montane level of Brinchang in Cameron Highlands, the Mossy Forest is a dreamy place that deserved to be explored. However, I would highly recommend that you explore it with an experience ecological guide, just as I did, when I led a small group of AsiaExplorers members there. An experience guide will not only be able to give you a proper introduction of the mossy forest ecology, he will also be knowledgeable about local plants, creepers, herbs, and more, and impart his knowledge of their medicinal value. All this will enhance your experience at the Mossy Forest.

Another benefit of using an ecology guide is that you are less likely to get lost in the forest. Also, he will ensure that you do not unknowingly damage the fragile ecology. And as members of AsiaExplorers, you are reminded to be environmentally conscious - that is to say, you are not allowed to litter the environment, not even a single sweet wrapper should be discarded in the forest please. With proper education and environment-sustaining practises, the mossy forest will be enjoyed for a long time to come.

If you wish to explore the Mossy Forest, you can find the contact details of the ecological guide that I used on the Mossy Forest webpage below:

AsiaExplorers Mossy Forest Page:
http://www.asiaexplorers.com/malaysia/pahang/cameron/mossyforest.htm


Asia is beautiful - explore it!

No comments: